React Native Senior Software Engineer
React Native Senior Software Engineer
We are looking to hire a React Native Senior Software Engineer interested in helping companies to improve their mobile presence. This is the perfect role for a Software Engineer who wants to be part of a world-class global team working for world-class clients. Our team have a culture of teamwork, diversity, and recognition. We look for people who are collaborative, optimistic, and curious. On a day-to-day basis, we always seek to be happy, passionate, humble, growth-minded, and hungry for new challenges. Are you interested in applying for this job? Keep reading!
- Implement new features and required updates to a mobile app project.
- Design, develop, review, and maintain new and existing code for mobile applications following best practices using the React Native framework plus modern frontend frameworks.
- Plan and implement strategies to ensure proper operation on a diverse set of devices, as well as accessibility best practices.
- Prepare technical documentation.
- Implement testing strategies that strike an ideal balance between the unit and other types of automated testing.
- Performing complete testing of all developed units and components such as multiple screen sizes, UI/UX issues, following the iOS and Android design guidelines.
- Collaborate with our QA department to create integration testing scenarios.
- Work hard to become an expert in the tools, languages, and libraries used by your team.
- Interview potential new hires.
- Estimate projects using 3 point estimate and PERT estimation techniques.
- Promote industry best practices such as continuous integration and delivery.
- Lead by example, take responsibility and work confidently with flexibility and autonomy as a senior member of our team.
- Contribute back to the open source projects.
- Follow Agile software development frameworks such as extreme programming or scrumban.
- Prepare written technical specifications.
- Modify existing API endpoints written in Ruby on Rails to meet new needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (at least B1).
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Proven working experience as a React Native developer.
- Solid understanding of mobile design patterns and use cases.
- Working experience with Git.
- Experience with APIs integration and third party services.
- Familiarity and implementation of unit tests.
- Thoughts and opinions on Agile best practices and how to be a more pragmatic programmer.
- Unit and integration tests planning and implementation.
- Broad understanding of engineering practices such as Design Patterns, Testable Code, Mobile performance, and Mobile practices.
- Being able to start and execute a project on your own.
- Experience on payment gateways.
- Love to contribute back to the open source community.
- Interests in solving complex mobility problems to collaborate with the migration to smart cities.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Precise and effective communication with clients and teammates in either English or Spanish.
- Be able to work remotely without supervision.
- Have a positive attitude towards new challenges and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Commitment to do what you said you would do, for example: I’ll get back to you once I find out why the issue is happening or give an update at the end of the day about the progress and actually send the update before you stop working.
Specific technical requirements:
- 2+ years: React Native, Redux and TypeScript
- Continuous integration with Bitrise, desired
- Unit testing frameworks (Jest, Enzyme or Detox)